Resumé of Elliot Borin
Summary of Qualifications
- 12+ years’ experience in PR, news and advertising copywriting, and editorial management (editor-in-chief on leading, internationally circulated monthly magazines)
- Extensive experience in Website creation, blogging, and market research in traditional and electronic media
- Proven ability to work effectively within creative-team structure
- Excellent reputation for maintaining budgets and deadlines
- Skilled analyst of evolving markets, business plans, and in-vitro product lines
- Established talent for visualizing and guiding project from concept to marketplace
Recent Freelance Work
Ad copywriting/PR: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Dentsu America, Creative Net Ventures, LinksManager, Get Web Content, AirTaxiFlights.com, Dailey and Associates
Journalism: Wired News, American Rider magazine, Front Office magazine, Home Theatre magazine, Knowledge Management magazine, Outside Plant magazine, Utility Products magazine, Front Office magazine
Current Contract Work
MicroCap Publicity Services (www.microcapps.com)
- Chief consultant and strategic planner for clients of highly specialized agency providing a full range of consulting, content creation and outreach services to public companies seeking to improve their "curb appeal" to potential investors.
- Write major deliverables for clients
- Hire and supervise freelance copywriter and graphic designers tasked with producing ongoing press releases, case studies, sell sheets, brochures, executive speechs and other Marcom materials for agency clients.
Moonlighting Web Copywriting and Design
Creative Net Ventures
- Website content, blog, email blast, newsletter, article and sales collateral writer for the following dot coms: LinksManager, AirTaxiFlights, GamblingLinks.com, Managed Link Building, AirTrafficAtlanta, TXTDirector and GetWebContent
Previous Full Time Employment
- Provided traditional and new media public relations copywriting, website design, sales collateral creation and similar services to companies large (Fortune #50) and small (local car rental agency with a fleet of three junkers.)
Alchar Public Relations
- Researched, wrote, designed and did final production on B2B press releases, white papers, case studies, trade magazine articles, marketing research reports, videos and other deliverables for a wide range of corporate clients.
Curtco Freedom Group, Malibu, CA
Editor-in-chief, Portable Computing Magazine
- Worked closely with company CEO Bill Curtis to launch title and successfully developed it, in under three years, to the point where it was valued at $20 million as part of a three-title buyout.
- Hired and directed all staff, in-house and telecommuters
- Determined content of both print and online issues
- Built magazine into industry top-seller by sixth issue
- Represented magazine at national conventions and annual shows
- BA-Journalism, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Golden Gate School of Law, San Francisco, CA; two years, non-degree
References Available Upon Request